Applications are invited to the charitable scholarships of Allan and Nesta Ferguson for talented candidates. The scholarships are open to candidates from developing countries for the 2020/21 academic session.
The program is available to candidates to complete a one-year master’s program related to economic, social or technological development.
The objectives of Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trusts have closely followed the interests of the Ferguson family in their commitment to education, peace and development in the Third World.
Why study at the University of Leeds? While studying at this university, candidates can get many opportunities and have a real impact on the world in a cultural, economic and social way. It offers students skills and knowledge to plan their future careers.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: £13,320
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries are eligible for the opportunity s.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are available for applicants applying for programs of study related to economic, social or technological development.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honors degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study.
- Be citizens of, and permanently resident in, one of the developing countries according to the International Development Association list of Borrowing Countries.
- Not have undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country.
- Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK.
- Agree that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete.