Take advantage of this incredible opportunity funded by the University of Waikato through the Honorary Diploma / Postgraduate Awards ALPSS. This funding opportunity is open exclusively to national and international students.
The awards are offered twice a year (for semesters A and B) to support and encourage students who enroll in the first year of study at level 500.
The University of Waikato believes in rewarding success, which is why it provides hundreds of scholarships each year to our students to help finance the study and study expenses. It offers flexible level structures so you can study a variety of subjects to set up a qualification that matches your professional interests.
Why study at Waikato University? The university gives you the opportunity to learn from leading global researchers and award-winning speakers who are committed to providing you with an innovative and world-class study.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019, and April 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Honors / Postgraduate degree
- Award: Up to $1,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to pursue Honors / Postgraduate degree in Arts, Law, Psychology and Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must be enrolling part- or full-time in one of the following ALPSS programs of study:
- First-year of 500-level study in an Honors degree or Postgraduate Diploma.
- First-year of taught papers towards a 240-point Master’s degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the opportunity must be received through the online system.
- Supporting Documents: Verified copies of academic transcripts, photocopy of the personal details page of your passport, Original bachelor’s completion certificate, CV, detailing any relevant work experience and a personal statement (please aim for a maximum of 400-500 words).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate (not more than two years old at the proposed date of admission) or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
- The Awards will have a value of up to $1,500 for applicants enrolling full-time (i.e. 120-
- The amount offered for this Award is at the discretion of the Selection Panel and will
- be based on criteria such as, but not limited to, total available funding, grades, and
- period of enrollment.
- The Awards will be pro-rata for applicants enrolling part-time.
- Applicants may only receive one full Award in any calendar year.