If you are thinking of getting a research degree in the UK, you can apply for these research awards for college students announced by the University of Edinburgh. The scholarship is available for UK and EU students for the 2020/21 academic session.
The award scheme is designed to attract high quality students who require doctoral research. Applicants with an excellent academic record and research potential are invited to apply.
The Faculty of Letters and Philosophy is the largest of the three universities of the University of Edinburgh and has 12 schools. Its objective is to facilitate the work and administration of the College.
Why study at the Faculty of Letters and Philosophy? The College offers first-class teaching and research in a wide range of academic disciplines.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD Research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: UK/ EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from UK/EU are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants with an outstanding track record of academic achievements and research potential are encouraged to apply.
- Those candidates with research areas that fall under UK Research Council Awards are required to apply to the relevant Research Council as well.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply, applicants need to take admission in a PhD research program at the university.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents should be submitted as part of your application:
- CV, degree certificate and academic transcript for each degree you currently hold, or an interim transcript for degrees you are currently studying.
- Two signed letters of reference (on headed paper) are required for all research programs.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to accomplish the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate (not more than two years old at the proposed date of admission) or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
Award levels vary depending on your School. To get additional information on award amounts candidates should visit their School’s website or contact the School postgraduate office for additional information. Below we have mentioned these schools: Business school, School of Divinity, School of Economics, Edinburgh College of Art, Moray House School of Education and Sport, School of History, Classics and Archaeology , School of Health in Social Science, School of Law, School of Literature, Languages and Cultures, School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences and School of Social and Political Science